2022/23 Election Candidate
2022/23 Candidate manifestos and speeches are ready for viewing. Have a look before voting begins. The exact timeline is listed down below.
Dear members of KCLMSoc,
You are cordially invited to the 8th King’s College London Malaysian Society Annual General Meeting (AGM). The main purpose of this AGM is to elect the new Executive Committee (2022/23), to provide a platform for members to review the society's past year's events and performance, and to submit motions for amendments to our constitution.
Date: Sunday 3rd April
Venue: K2.31 Strand Building
Meeting agenda (GMT)
1:00pm-1:15pm: Arrival of members and candidates
1:15pm-1:20pm: Opening Speech
1:20pm-1:40pm: Annual Report Presentation
1:40pm-1:45pm: Constitutional Amendments
1:45pm-2:00pm: Break and refreshments
2:00pm-3:50pm: Speeches and Q&A sessions with candidates
3:55pm-4:00pm: Closing Speech
The AGM will formally start at 1:15 pm. Please note that anyone arriving after 1:15 pm may be barred from entry or voting to prevent any disruption of the meeting.
As per our constitution, only paid members of KCLMSoc are eligible to vote for candidates and run for committee.
Dress code: Semi-formal for candidates and casual for members.
Committee Forms Open
7th March 2022
AGM Information Session
16th March 2022
Deadline for applications
Deadline for manifesto
31st March 2022
3rd April 2022
Nominations Open on KCLSU
6th-20th April 2022
Voting on KCLSU
25-27th April 2022
4th May 2022
Application forms for committee will open on the 7th of March. Details such as the job descriptions for each respective role in the committee will be released.
An information session will be held on the 16th of March where all the present committee will present additional information about their respective roles and to answer any specific questions. Candidates should prepare and consider making a start on their manifestos before this date.
The 31st of March will be the deadline for all candidates to apply for their desired roles and to have completed their manifestos. Manifestos after this date will be published online for members to view.
The AGM will be held on the 3rd of April 2022 1-4pm in-person inside room K2.31 in the Strand Campus
Candidates will need to nominate themselves for the position they are interested in on the KCLSU, filling in any required details.
This is the time where all members of the society will be allowed to vote for the candidates.
The votes will be checked and published on this date. Good Luck!
A) For those interested in running for committee positions (2022/23), kindly fill up the form via the link:
The following is the list of committee positions:
Corporate Relations Director
Events Director (2 positions)
Here is the link to the current constitution for reference: KCLMSoc Constitution 2021/22
Important information for candidates intending to run in the upcoming elections:
1. Candidates running for President and/or Vice President will be given up to 5 minutes for your speech/talk through your manifesto, followed by a Q&A session of up to 7 minutes. For candidates running for all other positions, you will be given up to 4 minutes to present, followed by up to 6 minutes of Q&A
2. Candidates are required to prepare one-slide manifestos to accompany their speech. Please include a photo of yourself. The following link contains a compilation of manifestos from the previous AGM for your reference: 2021/22 KCLMSoc Candidate Manifestos
3. Please provide us with a google drive link to access your manifesto when submitting the candidate application form.
4. According to our Constitution, each candidate may run for up to 3 positions. For each position, you are required to submit a separate manifesto and prepare a separate speech. The only exception is if you are running for the positions of President and Vice President, in which case, please only submit ONE manifesto and prepare one speech.
5. Pursuant to our Constitution, candidates that are unable to attend AGM can only run with the prior approval of the Chairperson (current President). You need to have a compelling reason as to why you are unable to make it, which is considered at the absolute discretion of the Chairperson. Please speak to any member of the current committee and gain approval latest by 31st March (Thursday) as alternative arrangements will need to be made.
B) For those interested in submitting a motion, kindly fill up the form:
The DEADLINE for committee position applications and motions submissions is by 11.59pm GMT, 31st March (Thursday)
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any of the committee members directly.